DevTools 2.13.1 release notes
Dart & Flutter DevTools - A Suite of Performance Tools for Dart and Flutter
- This release included a lot of cleanup and reduction in technical debt. The most notable is the completion of our migration to sound null safety. Please see our changelog for a detailed list of commits.
- Show release notes in embedded versions of DevTools (i.e. when DevTools is embedded in your IDE) - #4053
- Polish to the DevTools footer - #3989, #4026, #4041, #4076
- Added a new feature to help you debug raster jank in your Flutter app. This feature allows you to take a snapshot of the current screen shown in your app, and then break down rendering time for that scene by layer. This can help you identify parts of a scene that are expensive to rasterize - #4046
- Added a scope setting for “Track Widget Builds”, allowing you to specify whether widget builds should be tracked in your code only or in all code - #4010
CPU Profiler Updates
- Use package uris instead of file uris in the CPU profiler “Source” column - #3932
- Fix scrolling bug with debugger breakpoints - #4074
Flutter Inspector Updates
- Add support for displaying flex values larger than 5 in the Layout Explorer - #4055
More details about changes and fixes are available in our changelog.