About the team
Dart/Flutter Developer Relations (DevRel) grows and supports the Dart and Flutter developer communities. We onboard and retain developers by building a fun, smart, and approachable culture, providing resources to help them succeed, and advocating on their behalf.
A few of our projects:
- Learning tools like the online code editor DartPad
- Learning resources like codelabs, guides, and samples
- Outreach via channels like YouTube, social media, and events
- Partnership with engineering on Dart/Flutter’s developer experience
- A worldwide community of Flutter Meetups, conferences, and other groups.
Upon joining Google, you will be paired with a formal mentor, who will help guide you in the process of ramping up, forging relationships, and learning the systems you’ll need to do your job. Your manager can also help you find mentors who can coach you as you navigate your career at Google. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here on the Flutter team and at Google, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. In addition to groups like the Flutteristas, Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are employee-initiated networks for supporting underrepresented employees and their allies with shared values of creating belonging across their communities and Google.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Within the United States, either at a Google office or fully remote
- Lead a team of developer relations engineers that serve hundreds of thousands of developers building across half a dozen platforms.
- Define and maintain standards for code health, engineering velocity, and open source culture, and then help the team meet them.
- Work with stakeholders on the product, engineering, UXR, and marketing teams to determine how DevRel can best make an impact on Dart and Flutter’s long-term future.
- Mentor not only the engineers on the team, but also a global community of open source contributors.
- As an IC, focus on the experience of building Flutter applications on and for Windows, becoming skilled in accessing native APIs through plugins and building UI that feels natural on Windows.
- 2 years of experience as a technical lead and people manager.
- Experience in a technical consulting or customer-facing capacity.
- Experience in advocacy for under-served developer populations.
- Experience contributing to an open source project.
Please apply via this posting on the Google Careers site.